Are my breasts going to look right? (Photo)

I had my breast lift with implants surgery 8 days ago. I downsized from 475cc to 350cc Mentor silicone moderate implant, my skin has horrible elasticity (which is why I had to go smaller). I am afraid that my left breast is looking lower and to the left more, I have had a history of capsular contractures. It looks like the implant is below the top part of my nipple. Will my breasts even out? Is it too soon to be thinking like this? DR IS TREATING ME I HAD ALLERGIC REACTION TO STERI STRIPS!

Breast problems

+1
The left breast is lower than the right side. This is obvious at both the upper and lower pole. Since it is early the position can often be adjusted with taping and support. Once the swelling decreases you may look better either way.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts going to look right?

+1
At this stage of healing all looks OK. But you need to avoid the tapes that are causing this reaction on the skin... 

Early breast shape

+1
Thanks for your inquiry, sorry you had the allergic reaction.  It is very early, but if you are concerned that the implant is already too low, it is important you discuss with your surgeon about implant support (bras/foam) during the recovery process to prevent further descent.  Good Luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

8 days after breast augmentation

+1
At eight days after a breast augmentation, it is way too early to see the final result. You have to give it time to heal.  Good luck.

Are my breasts going to look right?

+1
Although I do understand your concerns,  it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the breast procedure performed.  You will need to exercise patience and wait 3 to 6 months to do so.  Hopefully, the breast implants will not “settle” lower than its current position and you will be pleased with the long term outcome of the procedure performed. Best wishes.

Are my breasts going to look right? (photo)

+1
The answer to your question is YES, it is too soon to be concerned about your aesthetic result eight days following your procedure.  Still, express your sentiments to your surgeon to learn what he/she advises.  Your allergic reaction is not likely from steri-strips, but may be related to gum-mastic in Mastisol, an adhesive solution applied to wound edges after surgery to more strongly secure steri-strips on the skin.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast lift (mastopexy)

+1
Hi there
Thanks for your question
Notwithstanding the allergic response to steristrips (!) you seem to have a fantastic early result. I would just let things settle and see your plastic surgeon as per normal

Take things easy and good luck in your recovery

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon