I Had Ulthera on my Neck 8 Months Ago?

I'm having a neck lift next month and was wondering if my having Ulthera on my neck 8 months ago pose any problems during surgery. I'm asking because of the collagen/ scar tissue that Ultherapy creates. I had a lot of filler from injections on my face during a mini facelift that the doctor said was a pain to pick out around the incisions.

Ultherapy and neck lift

+1
Having had Ultherapy does not preclude you from having a neck lift and that is the beauty of this procedure. This has not been reported as a relative contraindication or absolute contraindication to neck lift. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy and neck lifts in Los Angeles

+1

I perform both the Ulthera procedure and neck lifts in Los Angeles and do not feel that the Ultherapy burns any bridges in terms of candidacy for a neck lift. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

No Problems With Having Face/Neck Lift After Having Had Ulthera

+1

Hi Mrs. Kitty,

We perform Ulthera as well as facelifts.  We have not seen any problems performing facelift/necklift surgery on patients who have had previous Ulthera.  Good luck with your surgery, wishing you a rapid recovery and excellent results. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Ultherapy and facelifts

+1

As I am not a plastic surgeon, and do not perform face lifts, I can only comment that I have not heard from my plastic surgical colleagues that they have encountered difficulty in peforming rhytidectomies after Ultherapy.  Theoretically there may even be an improvement in healing with surgery on dermis that has been improved by Ultherapy with better quality collagen. This deserves formal study. Ask this question specifically of your plastic surgeon.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD

Previous Ultherapy should not interfere with facelift

+1

Although Ulthera stimulates collagen production, it does not create scar tissue that might interfere with surgery. We sometimes use it after surgery to enhance the results.

Richard Baxter, MD