I Have a BWD of 14cm (Measured by a Doctor) and a Rib Cage of 31 1/2 Inches & 5ft 3 Inches 140lbs?

I have 375cc moderate on left, 390cc (allergen) on right.I think I am wanting a (350-400 12.6d)or (375-425 12.8) moderate Mentor because of my left one not being completely full like the right it doesn't feel as firm and shapely as the right.That is why I want to exchange.Would a Moderate plus be ok with 11.7 cm width at max fill & that would be more than 2cm small than my base width? I am asking on here as we have moved. and I want to have an idea before I talk with another doc.

Small Breast Implant Volume Changes

+1

Implant volume changes of less than 50 cc are very difficult to appreciate.  This difference may be enough to help in breast asymmetry cases but will not cause a noticeable increase in size.

Implant exchange

+1

25 cc differecne is not large. While you sound like a good candidate for exchange, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals.  Without that it is impossible to say what is best.

Sizing of breast implants.

+1

Thanks sunny for your question. The issues you have brought up can only be answered in consultation after a physical examination of your breasts to evaluate them for size, shape, fullness and projection. A board certified plastic surgeon will be best. Hope this helps - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Revision surgery

+1

I wouldn't have much issue regarding a one cm decrease in implant diameter if that will resolve the issues you have noted. If the current breast volumes are noticeably different, I doubt that increasing the difference of fill from 15 to 25 cc would make any difference, nor do I have the sense that that would change the feel of the implant.

I don't think you will get much useful advice over the internet--your questions can be approached properly only in the setting of an in person consultation. Be open to all advice, including the possibility of using silicone. Be prepared for possible advice to leave things as they are.

Thanks for this question and best wishes. 

Sizing

+1

Changing  your implants from the moderate profile to the moderate plus profile will certainly improve your projection if that is what you are looking for

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Changing Breast Implant Size

+1

Hi Sunny,

You've asked a great question that I can't specifically answer without more information. I recommend getting several PS opinions to discuss resizing options. Information from your history and breast exam will include:

• What was the pre-op appearance of your breasts? (Pictures helpful)
  • How long have you had your implants?
  • Is there enough asymmetry to justify expense and risks of surgery?
  • What is the cause of the asymmetry and can it be improved? (Does the firm right breast have a capsular contracture? Is there a breast shape difference that can't be "corrected"?)

Your new PS can then re-measure your BWD and discuss details.

Good Luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

New Breast Asymmetry May Have Several Causes

+1
Breast asymmetry after  breast augmentation has several potential causes. The most common is pre-existing breast asymmetry.  Some surgeons try to correct this with different size implants, which may help, but some degree of asymmetry persists.  If the asymmetry is new having  been corrected by surgery, there are other potential causes such as implant rupture, malposition or capsular contracture.  You should have a physical examination first before deciding what implants you should have.  This is a decision that should be made in consultation with your surgeon.  It is difficult to make a recommendation without an exam.  Re-checking your measurements is also recommended.  Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Best Implant to correct asymmetry and loose skin of the breasts

+1

You have given an extensive description of your current breast dimensions but it is difficult to point you in the right direction without an examination.  You are correct that a moderate plus implant will give you more anterior projection and may give you the firmness and upper pole fullness that you are seeking.  If the capsule is wide then you may require a capsule reduction procedure at the same time.  It seems a little unusual that you have a breast base width of 14 with a relatively narrow chest circumference.   

Best Breast Implants to Correct Breast Asymmetry?

+1

As you can imagine, there are many reasons why you may be experiencing breast asymmetry. Some of these reasons (for example breast implant leakage, breast implant displacement, encapsulation etc.)  may have  nothing to do with the  specific breast implant size utilized.

Instead of  spending time with online consultants,  I would suggest that you do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

Only after careful examination, can a good diagnosis ( for the cause of breast asymmetry)  be made and a good treatment plan determined,  mutually between yourself and your plastic surgeon.  In regards to goals, I find that the use of goal pictures very helpful in the communication process.