1 week post-op breast revision surgery due to pretty severe capsular contraction. Could implants be to blame for pain?

The left side was worse than the right. I had silicone under muscle this time,w/ strastisses on both sides. Is it common for stratisse to cause more pain than usual ?

Post Operative Pain After Revision of Capsular Contracture with Silicone Implant

+1
I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I would advise you to get in contact with your surgeon if there is a significant difference in pain from one breast to the other.That being said, it is common to have different speed of healing and slight difference in pain from one side to the other. Removing a capsule, moving the implant to a submuscular placement, and adding an internal matrix like Stratice is considerably more complex than an initial augmentation. Give yourself time to heal and adhere to your post surgical plan of care. Feel better soon.  

Asymmetrical significant pain difference after bilateral capsulectomy should be investigated by your surgeon.

+1
Seldom do breasts heel symmetrically after bilateral breast surgery. Nevertheless, significant differences in pain should be reported to your plastic surgeon.

Complete evaluation required

+1
Undue pain at anytime, and in particular in the early post-operative period, should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  She/he is most familiar with your history and surgery; plus a physical examination is needed for proper diagnosis and therefore treatment.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

+1
 I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort your experiencing. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be your best resource when it comes to determining the cause of your discomfort. Your plastic surgeon, who knows exactly what was done and has the opportunity to examine you, will be your best resource.   Generally speaking, patients should be aware that pain can be a sign of a complication; always best to follow up with their own plastic surgeons... Best wishes;  hopefully, you'll be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

+1
Many thanks for the question.Under the muscle implant with removal of capsular contractural tissue could be the cause for more than normal.Please check with your PS.He will see that you don't have any collection or haematoma that can also cause such severe pain.Wish you all the best

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon