Forehead Reduction/hairline Lowering? (photo)

I have been considering having my forehead shaped to a desirable fit for my face. I did the "pinch your skin" test on myself to test flexibility. It's hard to say for sure if it's flexible enough for a 1 step procedure. I can't find online testimonials or stories about the experience of the procedure before, during, or after. I'd like more info regarding what the procedure is actually like, if not from a patient, then from a Dr. who knows about the initial experience&the recovery processes/alternatives.

Forehead Reduction / Hairline Lowering

+2
The best way to determine scalp laxity is to put your finger on the central hairline and see just how far forward and backwards you can move the hairline  -  that will determine the likely amount of hairline advancement.  I suggest you do your homework for you can see before and after patient photos as well as read some patient testimonials -  this is a great procedure on the right patient!

Web reference: http://www.foundhair.com/pages/hairlineadvancement.html

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering

+2

There are too many factors to consider in answering all your questions in this forum. If you are of average height, I would think you would want the hairline lowered about one inch. To do so without the two stage expander assisted operation, you should have enough laxity to actually pick up a fold of forehead skin below the hairline.  My website should have answers to some of your other questions. 

Web reference: http://www.kabaker.com/hairline-lowering-questions.php

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Reduction By Scalp Advancement

+1

Forehead by hairline advancement can be done in one or two stages, depending on how high your forehead is and how much scalp laxity you have. The height of your forehead can be seen in pictures but your scalp laxity (or lack thereof) can not. What matters most is scalp looseness not forehead skin looseness. Most patients can get up to 1 to 1.5 cms of forehead reduction in the midline in a single-stage procedure, which is often enough. This is done by full scalp elevation to the back of the head to get sufficient tissue mobility. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-red.html

Forehead Reduction

+1

Years ago we described forehead reduction using a trichophytic hairline incision which is hidden by hair which grows through that incision after surgery. This gives the patient total freedom of hair styling. There are multiple testimonials available on websites of physicians doing this work. You can submit any questions that you have about this surgery or the results.

wide forehead

+1

Your pictures posted show the need for significant advancement of the hairline to give a feminen shape.

Almost most plastic surgeon have or can do it but may not have pictures to show (Did it in reconstruction many times and may not have pictures)

You have two options

1: Hair transplant

2: Tissue expander under the hair bearing scalp, expand the expander, then advance the hair bearing scalp to the desired line. The expander should be put subgalial, and when advanced must be fixed to the bone (Coapt or screws) to prevent posterior migration and prevent tesion on the scar.

while expanding the expander, you will look deformed one to two month..

After the scalp advancement you will have swelling bruisingand visible scar. The scar will soften and loose the redness within one year.