Just had a flur de lis tt 12 days ago. How long can I be without my binder? Can I sleep without it?

WEARING A COMPRESSION GARMENT AFTER TUMMY TUCK

+1

WEARING A COMPRESSION GARMENT AFTER TUMMY TUCk

It  is probably best to wear it as much as possible., the standard is six weeks.

you must follow your doctors directions to get the best results

jh

Compression Garment after Tummy Tuck? #tummytuck

+1

Thank you for your question. There are not many of us who won't tell you to ask your surgeon and follow their recommendations. In general, I like for my patients to use a binder for 6 weeks day and night. It will give you the best chance for optimal outcome. Compression is very important.

Richard J. Brown, MD

How long to wear a compression garment following an extensive abdominoplasty

+1

The use of a properly fitted compression garment will only enhance your results.  I generally have my patients were the garment, night and day for the first 2 weeks the usually go to half a day for the next 2 weeks.  Every plastic surgeon will have a different protocol so follow your surgeons advice for a successful recovery

Just had a fleur de lis tt 12 days ago. How long can I be without my binder? Can I sleep without it?

+1

Of course you will see your plastic surgeon for this answer.  There are a variety of opinions concerning the wearing of the garments.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Wearing the binder after a tummy tuck

+1

The surgeon who operated on you should have the call on this, not anybody on the internet.  Please call them today and ask, that's what they are there for.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

How long can I be without my binder? Can I sleep without it?

+1

These questions really should be directed to your surgeon, who knows you, knows what was done, and has followed your recovery. 

All the best