Eyelid revision?

I had upper Blepharoplasty surgery for loose skin in both eyes two years ago and noticed that one eyelid drooped more, so I had the levator muscle repaired this year and all looked great except for the excess upper lid skin again after the revision needing a second surgery to clip the skin again. The doctor explained that I could have this surgery a few moths after the levator revision. Is this okay to clip the excess skiing again?

Eyelid Revision After Blepharoplasty

+1
Without seeing your exact circumstance, I can say to you that it sounds like your surgeon worked with an abundance of caution. The levator ptosis procedure results can be assessed intra-operatively but is often only manifest maximally postoperatively after eyelid skin excess removal. The fact that he repaired the levator ptosis to your satisfaction is very favorable. The slight excess skin asymmetry is within the realm of normal. Your decision to have a small revision under either local anesthesia or general anesthesia remains to be yours.
Before you undergo a revision, however, I would discuss with you whether or not a brow repositioning may satisfy your outcome goals and allow you to have your extra eyelid skin get re-draped when the brow gets repositioned into a more youthful position. The key thing is not to remove too much skin at this point as you may have difficulty closing your eyes appropriately. The assessment by a board certified plastic surgeon is key here.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid revision

+1

Not a problem.....you can easily have the excess skin removed anytime you want with no bad effects on the prior ptosis surgery. Be sure to diagnose the problem correctly and remove ONLY excess skin in the proper amount to allow good closure of the eyelid when laying down

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you have excess skin after the ptosis repair, you should be able to excise this.

+1
Photos would help here.  And it is important that you can still close your eyes.  So your surgeon will have to decide if there is really enough skin to excise without affecting eyelid closure.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Loose eyelid skin secondary to fat loss

+1
It is impossible to tell without photos. If there is true excess skin, then yes, it can be excised again. More often than not, there is hollowness which gives way to "collapsed" skin, similar to when the air out of a balloon goes away. In that case, replacing volume (filler or fat injection) is the much better choice.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Without photographs it is very difficult to answer this in a meaningful way.

+1
It is certainly possible.  However, the key if functional and aesthetic balance.  Without photos or more ideally an actual examination, the question is just theoretical.  So theoretically sure this can be done.  In reality, how this is done makes all the difference.

Upper eyelid revision

+1

If there is still excess skin present on your upper eyelid after ptosis surgery, there is no harm in removing some of the excess skin later to make it look better.  It is important not to remove too much skin but an experienced blepharoplasty surgeon should have no problem with this.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon