Eyelid Appears Low 9 Days After Ptosis Repair, Will the Lid Raise Anymore? (photo)

I have Graves Disease. Developed TED after RAI ablation with retraction of right eyelid and ptosis of the left. Originally thought it was pseudoptosis because of the right eyelid retraction. In August, I had retraction repair on my right eye. The left eyelid was still ptotic so had ptosis repair on February 7th. It is now 9 days after the ptosis repair, most of the swelling seems to be gone yet the eyelid still seems low. Will the eyelid raise anymore or is this likely to be the final height?

Residual ptosis

To me, it looks like there is residual swelling and you are only 9 days after ptosis repair (AND thryroid patients take longer to heal, I think).  Because of the swellling, I think it is too soon to make any comments on final lid height.  i think that it is likely that there will be great improvement over the next several months.  good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon