Eyelid Appears Low 9 Days After Ptosis Repair, Will the Lid Raise Anymore? (photo)

I have Graves Disease. Developed TED after RAI ablation with retraction of right eyelid and ptosis of the left. Originally thought it was pseudoptosis because of the right eyelid retraction. In August, I had retraction repair on my right eye. The left eyelid was still ptotic so had ptosis repair on February 7th. It is now 9 days after the ptosis repair, most of the swelling seems to be gone yet the eyelid still seems low. Will the eyelid raise anymore or is this likely to be the final height?

Eyelid surgery

+1

It is too early to tell. Your eyelids are still swollen, and you cannot judge the result until the swelling is gone.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1

9 days is way too ealry to be concerned.  You can only know the final result when the swelling goes down completely.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Actually your result looks very good for so early out.

+1

It is hard to be patient.  A little swelling will make the lid heavy.  This can persist for many weeks, even a couple of months.

Asymmetry after ptosis repair

+1

It is still very early to tell where your eyelids will settle out. The left upper eyelid looks slightly swollen compared to the right, which will cause it to droop further.  Give it a full 6 weeks to heal and then have it re-evaluated.

Web reference: http://utahoc.com/conditions_we_treat.html

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon