How Can I Correct my Breast Asymmetry? (photo)

I am currently breastfeeding and now have a half size diff. In my breasts. During my pregnancy, my breasts did not grow much and a size diff. was only noticeable after I gave birth. Judging on my milk output I suspect I have tuberous breasts and because of my breast folds. Also when my areolas are hard, my breasts look a little better and my areolas are not as big. My question is, what can I get done to correct my breast asymmetry w/o implants? An can I have fat transfer to even them out? Help!

Breast Asymmetry

+2

It is very common to have breast asymmetry.  There are many techniques to improve significant asymmetries of the breast.  These techniques may include breast reduction, breast lift, breast augmentation and fat grafting.   It is recommended to wait at least 6 months following breast feeding and then be evaluated by a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry during Lactation

+2

With_love,

Breast asymmetry is not uncommon, especially during lactation (breast feeding).  I would bet that EVERY plastic surgeon will advise you to complete your breast feeding, wait 3-6 months and reassess your breast appearance.  They will certainly change.  You also, do NOT have tuberous breasts.  The areolae have widened due to engorgement with lactation.  So, wait it out and consider consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon 3-6 months after you finish breast feeding.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast.asp%23lift

Breast Asymmetry

+2

Thank you for sending the photos.  However, because you are breastfeeding this is not an accurate representation of what your breasts look like on a baseline level.  Pregnancy and lactation significantly change breast tissue.  It would be advisable to wait at least six months after you have finished breast feeding to get a better picture of what the true issues are that need to be addressed.  Generally speaking, a Mastopexy (breast lift) would make the breasts "perkier", reduce the aerola size, and could correct asymmetry.  Fat injections could be done as well, but your body reabsorbs fat over time and you might require revision at a later date.

Correction of breast assymetry

+2

In order to assess your breast assymetry, it is a good idea to wait until you are done with breast feeding. The size, volume and shape of your breasts will continue to change until at least 3 months after you stop nursing. If your assymerty is significant at that time, you will have several options. You may consider to accept one breast and try to match the other one to it by either augmentation, reduction and/or a lift with areolar reduction on the larger one. Please post your picture at that time to receive proffessional recommendation then.

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery,com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Correcting breast asymmetry

+2

In order to correct your degree of breast asymmetry you would need at least a breast lift.  If you want to be larger size then consider implants.  I would not consider fat transfer as a viable alternative to increase the volume of your breasts.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Breast asymmetry in El Paso

+2

Your breast asymmetry can be corrected with a breast lift. This will reduce the size of the areolas and make the breast sit higher up and look perkier. If you want to increase your breast size without implants you can have fat injections.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Wait

+2

Don't worry about a difference in breast size until you have stopped nursing for at least 6 months. Your breasts will change. They may never be the way they were before and it is quite common for women's breasts to be asymmetrical. Only a half a size is nothing. But wait till you stop nursing.

Breast lift

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  A breast lift procedure will help reduce the size of your areolas, reshape the contour of your breasts, and improve the size of your breasts.  The type of breast lift that will likely be needed is a circumvertical breast lift (lolli pop).  A breast implant or fat transfer will only be needed if you would like to increase the size of your breasts.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: Http://drrepta.com

Correcting breast asymmetry

+2

From the pictures you have submitted, it appears that you would greatly benefit from a breast lift.  This can be done without implants if you desire and the extra breast tissue that you have on one side can be removed to help balance the sizes.  If you would like a fuller look, fat grafting at the time of breast lifting is definitely an option as well.  Good luck.

Mastopexy with or without breast implants can correct asymmetry.

+2

There are several surgical strategies possible to correct asymmetry of the breasts pictured. I think the best would be bilateral mastopexy with implants of different volumes to satisfy the final volume desired.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm