Very Confused on Size? 425 Cc, HP Mentor Silicone? I Think I Would Like a D. (photo)

I am 33y, 5'3 and 112 lbs. I am 32A however my rib size (under breast)is about 29. My hips are fairly wide at about 36. I BF 3 kids. My breasts have deflated with a small amount of tissue left. Would a D cup look on the larger side of natural for me? At the beginning of nursing I was a D (formerly B). How will the drooping and deflated look of my current breast affect how my implants will look? I still want to look proportional but as large as I can within my limits. CC recommendation?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Selecting an implant size to achieve your goals

+1

Its difficult to answer your question or give any recommendations without a formal physical exam.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Very Confused on Size? 425 Cc, HP Mentor Silicone? I Think I Would Like a D.

+1

To go from an A to a D is difficult in most women.  If your chest wall width is small, this becomes more difficult.  425 cc will probably increase you two cup sizes but probably not 3.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is hard to give more info without an in person evaluation or at least pictures.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Cup size and volume

+1

It is very difficult to predict cup size from an implant volume since bras are all different. Best to do a baggy test to check the volume that you like.

Very Confused on Size?

+1

SInce your idea of a D cup and mine may have only a little in common, it is hard to give a useful answer. Cups sizes have no uniform definitions. I prefer picking implant size by having patintes try on implants, and I use that info along with the patients breast and body anatomy to select the appropriate size. 

When you consider a consultation, be prepared to discuss a possible recommendation for simultaneous breast lift. Implants alone may result in an unsatisfying appearance, with the breast seeming to drape off  the implants

All the best. .