Nostrils are protruding too much after rhinoplasty - could a massage be used to help the recovery process?

Hello. 4th day after general, closed rhinoplasty and wondering if protruding nostrils are result of heavy plaster, swelling etc.? I guess I should wait, right? But is there a massage or other technique which I can use during recovery to minimalise nostrils a bit (if yes when I should start)? Thank you in advance for response.

+2
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.

Normal post op swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Massage is not likely to help these areas is just postoperative swelling give it a chance and it should get better on its own.  

4 days post surgery

+1
Dont try to assess your nose this early after your rhinoplasty procedure. Final results take many months to assess. There is often swelling at the base of the nose which will frequently settle.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
It really is very difficult to evaluate so early in the postoperative period. Best go discuss concerns with your surgeon and be patient.     Best to you

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon