Changing Implants from 371 Style 15 to 450-500 Style 20 or 500-550 Style 45. 32 Round and 12 Width? (photo)

Hello, Had BA 5 months ago with Natrelle Silicone 371 style 15. I am 5'2", 120 lbs, 32 round and 12 breast width. Breastfed one child. Right breast smaller to begin with but PS used same size implants. Right now they look too wide and not enough upper fullness. I don't want them wide and don't want to depend on a push up bra for a cleavage. PS suggested change of implant to either 450-500 style 20 or 500/550 style 45. Thoughts? Do I need a lift?

Lift? Larger Implants?

+2

You do not need a lift.  Your results are very good.   Fat grafting to the upper pole or increasing the volume are both alternatives.

Best Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although I cannot give you precise advice online, some thoughts may be helpful to you. First, I do not think that a breast lift is necessary.  It may be that a larger breast implant will be necessary to achieve your goals. I also find (generally speaking)  that saline breast implants (as opposed to silicone gel)  are useful for patients who wish to achieve a “fuller, rounder, upper pole look”.  Sometimes, depending on the specific patient's situation, internal suture repair of breast implant pockets ( capsulorraphy) is necessary to improve the breast implant position on the patient's chest wall.

I think an important key to a successful revisionary breast operation will be careful communication with your plastic surgeon. Use goal pictures to help with this communication.  In my practice, the use of temporary intraoperative sizers allow for an accurate determination of what breast implant size/profile will best achieve the patient's goals.

Breast augmentation

+1

Based solely on your photos the results look great, and even if you change the implants to get more upper pole fullness the implants would have to be wider.

Revisional Breast Surgery

+1

I do think that aesthetically the results are great. The purposed implants are two different shaped implants. The current implant that you have is a style 15. This implant is refered to as "midrange profile" meaning it is a wider implant with less projection. The style 20 implant that you are considering using is a more narrow implant with increased projection. This is refered to as "high profile" and this tends to be the implant that is commonly used in my practice. The style 45 implant is refered to as "full profile" and is considerably more narrow with maximum projection.

Now the implant that you choose is completly up to you. Please do take into consideration that the implant that you choose should fit within the natural width of the breast. This is the reason that during your consultation your plastic surgeon probably took measurements of your breast prior to any surgery. The only other thing that you could possibly benefit from would be a peri-areolar mastopexy which typically is used to address the size of the areola in relation to the breast as well as any minor ptosis that should occur. Speak with your plastic surgeon and ask to view sample implants of both the style 30 and style 45 so that you can get an idea of the different shapes that the two would offer you.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive  Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Changing Implants from 371 Style 15 to 450-500 Style 20 or 500-550 Style 45. 32 Round and 12 Width?

+1

The posted photo appears as an excellent result. I might consider fat grafts to upper poles only. Best to have ONLY in person evaluations. 

Changing Implants

+1

This looks like a nice and natural appearing outcome to me. The proposed implants will give additional size and projection, and are not likely to make the breasts any narrower nor provide more upper pole fullness, since they have about the same base dimension as your current implant. If you want to be a little larger (and the size difference may barely be noticeable), that is an appropriate reason to change up to larger implants. If you expect to have narrower breasts or more upper pole fill, neither seems likely.