3 1/2 Months Post Op and Left Breast Wont Settle?

Im almost 4 months out and still having trouble with the way my left breast looks, I have HP silicone implants under the muscle. I went back to my ps & he gave me a bra strap but I find it uncomfterable to wear, should I continue with my post op exercises on my left boob only to make it settle. I'm also afraid it could be capsular contraction since it hasnt settle. Any advice I can I would appreciate it!

One implant remains high

+2

I can understand your impatience. Without a photo to see it is hard to give much advice other than to follow your surgeon's suggestions, including the band and massage. If the surgeon also suspects capsular contracture, there are some other things he might suggest including vitamin E, anti-inflammatory medicines, or singulair. If the implant on that side feels firmer than the other, call your surgeon for advice. 

Although most patients have had their implants drop by 3 months, it does take longer in some.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.  

Post Breast Augmentation Capsular Contracture?

+2

It is difficult to give accurate advise without the aid of pictures. However, while at 4 months a fair number of patients will have realize their results, it is not that unusual that some will take  6 months and rarely longer. Healing typically takes 3 to 6 months to occur. During this time the implants will begin to settle as the soft tissue pocket begins to stretch and the swelling and scarring process significantly subside. Having said that your breast may not follow this process at the same rate.

I can certainly understand your apprehension at this juncture in your post operative recovery, but I recommend that you continue to closely follow up with your plastic surgeon. Be patient. His advice is sound and certainly worth a try, as it may avoid another operative procedure.