If you have PCOS and have a tummy tuck and lipo will the fat return later? (photo)

I'm 32 weigh around 155 and I'm 5'2. I have been at a this weight for about 4 yrs and decided to have a TT done (Nov 18) I was just wondering if the fat will just come right back to my mid section, since I have PCOS. I'm happy with all other areas of my body just not my stomach. I hope I made the right decision since this is costing me over 13,000!!!

Tummy tuck and PCOS

+2

By the way, a tummy tuck should cost less than 13k. Otherwise, if you have PCOS and do not gain weight, your tummy tuck should stay great.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

If you have PCOS and have a tummy tuck and lipo will the fat return later?

+2

I don't think anyone knows the answer. I have read sporadic cases both with long term improvement, and with return of central obesity. The TT does not reverse the underlying problem. The PCOS is still there after a TT. All the best.

PCOS and Tummy Tuck!

+1

Dear North Star, we are just starting to understand the Syndrome of poly cystic ovaries. Pacients are affected differently by the disease some manifesting more or less of the usual features. Judging by your photo you certainly have a prominent tummy along with an android body frame so my guess is that you will always have the tendency to accumulate fat in your mid section, particularly the fat that accumulates around your organs that cannot be reached by liposuction or the tummy tuck. You will experience a great improvement with the TT but it is up to you to control your weight to maintain that good result. The fat that is removed by the TT will never come back but there's always fat ready to take over if you gain weight. I agree that over 13K for a TT is very high unless you're getting other things done… Dr Brou

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are never any guarantees to weight return following surgery. It is up to you to keep you weight at a safe level.