Looking for a Low Cost Way or Free Cosmetic Surgery After Losing 300lbs?

I'd started the Atkins program in 3/08, lost 300lbs and I have a lot of excess skin. I went to a plastic surgeon today and the doctor said it would take 3 procedures starting with a body lift. The cost was $50,000 for all three procedures. I work two jobs, go to college and my insurance won't even touch it. Is there any free or low cost alternatives out there? Although I lost the weight, I absolutely hate looking like this, I'm sick of looking in the mirror and looking at all the flab dangling.

Best option

One option could be looking to have surgery outside the country, just because your outside the country I doesn't mean that a surgeon will not have the qualifications and certifications required. Check for medical creaddetion, certifications of the clinics etcs.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Vida - Calle Brasilia #1 Col. El Paraiso
Tijuana, BC 22106

Lower Cost Alternatives for Bodylift

With the amount of weight you lost, most insurance companies will cover the abdominal pannus removal, particularly if you have rashes and have failed medical therapy.  A local university hospital resident's clinic may be another outlet for lower fees.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210