Looking for a Low Cost Way or Free Cosmetic Surgery After Losing 300lbs?

I'd started the Atkins program in 3/08, lost 300lbs and I have a lot of excess skin. I went to a plastic surgeon today and the doctor said it would take 3 procedures starting with a body lift. The cost was $50,000 for all three procedures. I work two jobs, go to college and my insurance won't even touch it. Is there any free or low cost alternatives out there? Although I lost the weight, I absolutely hate looking like this, I'm sick of looking in the mirror and looking at all the flab dangling.

Best option

+1

One option could be looking to have surgery outside the country, just because your outside the country I doesn't mean that a surgeon will not have the qualifications and certifications required. Check for medical creaddetion, certifications of the clinics etcs.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lower Cost Alternatives for Bodylift

+1

With the amount of weight you lost, most insurance companies will cover the abdominal pannus removal, particularly if you have rashes and have failed medical therapy.  A local university hospital resident's clinic may be another outlet for lower fees.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA