Will Doing a Testosterone Replacement Cycle Complicate a Rhinoplasty and Neck and Jaw Lipo? (photo)

Testosterone therapy will not affect a rhinoplasty.

+2

Testosterone therapy should have no effect on a rhinoplasty. Nevertheless you should share all of your medications with your surgeon.

Will Doing a Testosterone Replacement Cycle Complicate a Rhinoplasty and Neck and Jaw Lipo?

+2

Testosterone replacement may be reasonable while undergoing elective procedures such as those you mentioned.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Testosterone replacement for rhinoplasty and neck liposuction

+2

It is probably a good idea to be cleared by your endocrinologist to make sure that the testosterone levels are in the normal range prior to undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. please see the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and neck liposuction combination in our practice

Medical clearance prior to surgery

+1

I would not think that you would have a problem taking testosterone but to be on the safe side I would ask a patient to get clearance from their medical physician or endocrinologist prior to surgery.  

Testosterone replacement and Surgical Complications in Rhinoplasty and Neck Liposuction

+1

Thank you for you question and your images. Both your surgeon and the prescribing provider for your testosterone replacement are the best resource during your pre/postoperative care.  You should involve them as you make decisions such as these. Although the literature on the subject is limited, supratherapeutic doses of testosterone have been investigated in patients undergoing orthopedic procedures without adverse events. That said, known side effects are common, including exacerbation of  acne which is undesirable following facial procedures.  Depending on where you are in the perioperative process, this is more or less of a concern. Discuss this with your surgeon. I hope this helps. Take care. 

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon