Tested Positive for Pregnancy 12 Days Post Op After Tummy Tuck. Still Have Drains In, Is a Pill Abortion An Option?

I had a TT without muscles or lipo Feb 20th and today Friday March 2nd I've tested positive on 3 at home name brand test!! I haven't had my last drain removed due to dark red blood still expelling with no bright blood. Is there anyway these test could be inaccurate? Is a pill abortion a option health wise?

Positive pregnancy test 2 weeks after tummy tuck surgery. What to do.

+2

You should absolutely NOT do anything at this point without first consulting your OB/GYN specialist. If you don't have one, ask for a referral from the doctor who did your pre-op physical. Do not wait and do this now to get the full range of options available to you, as well as realistic estimates of potential risks should you decide to continue this pregnancy. Good luck and best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/body-procedures/tummy-tuck

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy 2 weeks post tummy tuck

+1
Your first call should be to your OB/GYN to discuss the options available to you at this point in time. The pros and cons of the "abortion pill" are best discussed/reviewed by your OB/GYN. It is unlikely the tests are inaccurate, but you can confirm the pregnancy with a repeat test or certainly a blood pregnancy test.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon