Terrified of choosing a breast implant that is too large! Will 300cc, 325cc or 350cc's bring me to my goal cup size? (photo)

I am a 32A or AA (not sure). I am 5'7", 117 lbs and have a very small ribcage (27"). My goal size is a large B to very small C. I just don't want to end up with D's or DD's because I am not fond of the look on slender framed girls. I have fairly curvy hips 36" and I want them to have a nice hourglass figure.

250 cc to 325 cc breast implants would be perfect for you.

+2
Breast implants in the 300-350 cc range would look very nice on you.  If you only want to look natural, would be happy with a breast implant in the small be cup range, then consider 250 are 275 cc breast implants.  If you want to be a full B or small C then 325 cc to 350 cc breast implants would give you the larger cup size.

You're very thin with very normal breast shape and should be an excellent candidate for a very nice breast augmentation result.  Please consult only a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced at breast surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Breast augmentation

+2
You expect ions for size are reasonable.  A consult where this is discussed and measurements are made of the base width can help as well.  Trying on sizes can also be an effective tool for demonstrating the change with implants.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Terrified of choosing a breast implant that is too large! Will 300cc, 325cc or 350cc's bring me to my goal cup size?

+1
Yes!  Generally speaking, 200cc is about a cup size, give or take, so the 300cc range you have chosen should be close to target to achieving a B/C.  If your are unsure, try them on so you can get a better idea of how they may look and feel.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 32 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you up to a size C. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Which implant size should choose?

+1
You have a very tiny ribcage, so you need to be careful to not choose an implant that is too wide.  You may want to discuss with your plastic surgeon the option of a high profile implant.  The measurements that are taken are very important to review.  At our office we use the guide of 200 cc per cup size, so a 300 cc implant size should put you a cup size and a half larger.  You should try on the implants in the doctors office to make sure you are comfortable with the size that you choose.  Best wishes to you!

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Best Implant Size

+1
Your question is best answered by "trying on" implant sizers in the presence of your surgeon and deciding what volume in cc's matches your desires.  Just going on cup size alone can be misleading.

You do not have  a lot of excess skin so there will be some limits as to how large an implant you can have. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

+1
I think that trying on sizers in the office is the best way to get a sense of the size.  I think that the sizes you have listed are all reasonable.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these surgeries each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
Try on sizers from MENTOR to see the expected volume. I think a 325 is "just right" in the UHP style. Good luck.. 

Biodimensional

+1
You need to have your surgeon measure your base width, your nipple to fold and assess the degree of stretch you have to come up with a value, without seeing you I would expect to offer something like 255-275 though

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Terrified of choosing a breast implant that is too large!

+1
The best way of getting some idea of the effect of implant size is to try sizers on in a stretchy bra.  You will see what 300, 325, and 350 cc implants will add to your breast volume.  What this does not tell you is now natural or unnatural a breast shape, in terms of upper pole fullness, these sizes will produce in you due to the tightness of your skin.  You do appear to have tighter skin.  I have my patients communicate their goals, after trying on sizers, by bringing in photos from the web of breasts that they like.  Then, during surgery, I try sterile sizers in the pockets and see if the size the patient has selected is consistent with the shape they desire.  If it is too tight and bulgy in the upper pole, I have their permission to try the next size down, etc.  By the way, the implant sizes you mention should not take you from an A to a D or DD.  But try on sizers and see whether the breast mound they produce is too large for you.  And of course, with a narrow ribcage, there may be a limit as to the width of the implant that will safely fit in your breast as well.

Robert M. Grenley, MD