I Have a Terrible Pain in Ulnar Nerve After Having Smart Lipo Done on my Arms. Is This Common?

I am 5 days out of surgery from having Smart Lipo done on my arms. I have a terrible pain by my funny bone and I think it may be my ulnar nerve, but I am not sure. It hurts to bend my arms, especially my right one. It hurts to even touch it, yet there is no bruising around that area. Is this nerve damage? And if it is, will it go away? Any information pertaining this matter would be greatly appreciated.

"Nerve Pain" after Laser Lipo

+2

Based on your complaint it is difficult to determine the cause of your pain.  Nerve injury is in the differential diagnosis (meaning in the realm of possibility) though by no means the only possibility.  Ask your surgeon to do a thorough exam to determine the cause of your pain.  Even your pain is of a nerve origin, it is likely that it will resolve in time.  If your surgeon is not a board certified plastic surgeon (all of which have peripheral nerve training), it may be worth obtaining a consultation from a hand surgeon if the pain does not begin to improve.

Nerve pain in elbow from Smart Lipo

+1

You should be seen by your doctor soon, to evaluate the condition and refer you if appropriate for a workup.  The nerve pain, if it is nerve in origin, may take much time to resolve on its own, and treatment may help it resolve much more quickly, especially if started early.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulnar nerve injury and liposuction

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to say what is going on. Certainly swelling can impact the sensory exam.. But I would definitely go over this with your doctor ASAP to  make sure everything is OK.