Terrible 7 Cm Scars for Only 300 Cc Breast Aug. What Are My Options? (photo)

Hello,one question from Europe.I had breast augmentation 5 yrs ago,Mentor textured round silicone implants,high profile,300 cc, under the breasts.My PS said here scars won't be visible.But they are horrible,7 cm long and like a worm!I don't want to take off my clothes,i can't look at them,i fell disgusting and no more like a woman!After 5 yrs i still cry.What can i do,go to laser treatment or do you recommend scar revision?I want very unnoticeable scars,like a small fine thin line,can i fix that?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I would suggest a scar revision as the implant likely placed tension on the incision as it is a weight on the incision and sometimes it causes hypertrophic scar

Inframammary Breast Augmentation Scars

+1

Your scars are completely healed after 5 yrs and you have every right to expect better scars after breast aug. The scars are too long for the operation performed but that is untreatable. The scars do seem to be appropriately placed in the inframammary crease. A more detailed history can sometimes give a hint as to why the scars are slightly hypertrophic. If there is a reason that can be corrected, a scar revision may be indicated, otherwise it may be best to leave well enough alone.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Scar Repair 5 Years After Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

Dear Girl31,

I am sorry that you are bothered with your scars.

At 5 years after your surgery, I doubt injecting corticosteroids could help. Laser treatments have their risks such as skin burns.

I believe a surgical revision of the scar could be your best. Without physical examination, it is hard to be definitive about giving you a solid surgical advise.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry and photos.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Scars after breast augmentation

+1

Some patients scars are more prominent than others, but the majority do very well. More information would be needed, but a scar revision may be possible to improve them.

Breast augmentation scar question

+1

My opinion is to cut out old scar and then after surgery use techniques to try to make sure the new scar matures with a better result. Always a small risk of a bad scar. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Terrible 7 Cm Scars for Only 300 Cc Breast Aug. What Are My Options?

+1

I do not agree with the previous experts in that after 5 years your scars are acceptable and ANY non invasive therapy would be a waste of time and money. As for a scar re3vision I would only consider after an in person examination to see if I felt I could improve the result. 

Long thick scars after breast enlargement in Europe.

+1

There are options available to you, even at this late date (5 years after surgery) to improve your scars. Thickened, hypertrophic scars, fortunately, are uncommon with breast augmentations.

• A dermatologist can attempt to inject steroids into the scar to flatten it out; discuss the risks with him (or her).
  • You can have both bad scars excised and re-sewn (scar revision). Firstly, you should find out what type of absorbable suture was used to close the skin when you had your breast implants placed.  I would suggest that a different suture be used for your revision.
  • Gel strips on you redone scars worn as instructed by your plastic surgeon can contribute to a happier outcome for you....

Best Regards

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Scar s after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question. Usually after 2 years scars mature and any residual scaring after that is likely to be permanent. After five years you have options but the results are limited. Non surgical option may help such as scar products or even laser therapy.you may see some improvement, but I doubt it will be significant. Surgical scar revision may help, but you are replacing a scar with another one. 

I would advise you to see a dermatologist and get their advice. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD