Can TENS on Temple Area Affect Botox in Temple Hairline for TMJ?

I received Botox for TMD (TMJ) one in lower jaw and two just past the temple area into the hairline. I am currently using a Fisher Wallace Stimulator (similar to TENS) that places electrodes on the temples for treatment of insomnia. Should I be concerned that electrical stiumlation on the temples, so close to injection site, might affect the effectiveness of Botox?

Botox longevity with TENS

I am not aware of any well-controlled scientific studies that evaluate the passive activity of muscle contraction and its effect of shortening the duration of Botox effectiveness. It is a theory that the muscle activity would shorten the Botox effect but I'm not certain this is proven.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and TENS Stimulator

you are stimulating the muscle but Botox is a neurotoxin that is blocking the stimulation at the end receptor - so, yes, I believe that stimulation will make you metabolize the Botox faster so you would need to get more Botox sooner than 3-4 months.