Is ONLY Lowering the Upper Bridge a Relativley Simple Revision Aspect or Should I Seek a Revision Specialist?

my overall nose doesn't have hump (like before) just this pronounced bump/hump right where the nose was broken. The very top of my bridge (where it leaves my face) still sits high, then a bump (where it was broken), then it drops off in the middle and I have a supra tip. If I placed my index finger flat across my nose (vertically) and turned to the side, it's like you would see a small gap in the middle. I feel like my Dr. didn't lower the upper bridge enough to match the rest of my nose.

Fractured nose and revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you broke your nose and then sought correction, sometimes it is difficult to get the bones to "do what you want them to do" so to speak. This is because they heal and create knots of callus.  Sometimes shaving them down leaves minor irregularities, and when infracturing them, they may not move like you would expect if they were not broken.  A minor revision is certainly possible but an exam would be necessary to see what needs to be done.

Revision rhinoplasty and a fractured nose

+1

The combination of revision rhinoplasty and a nasal fracture is considered complex and should be performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. It's important to make sure the bridge line is balanced with the remainder of the nose from the frontal, three-quarter, and side profiles. It's also important to address any deviated septum on the internal portion of the nose which usually results when the nose becomes fractured. The virtual rhinoplasty software is available  on our website for you to try so that you can see what your  new nose may look like

Specialist for a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I always recommend a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. It is one of the most challenging cosmetic procedures that surgeons perform. Equally important is the planning of the procedure; Buyer beware because you want to avoid another revision.

Lowering bridge

+1

If it has been 1 year since your rhinoplasty go back to your surgeon and ask him what would be needed

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon