Is Tenderness Normal 3 Weeks Post Juvaderm in Lips?

I had one syringe juvaderm in lips 3 wks ago. First time. Mostly in upper lip, a little in bottom lip. Anyway, I haven't felt any tenderness since day 3 or 4 after the injection, however, tonight when I was kissing my boyfriend, if felt tender. Like its still bruised? Is this normal? I feel a little lump near the injection site. Is that supposed to be there? I can't see it, but I I can feel it when I press with my fingers.

+1

Some patients tend to take a few more weeks longer to heal, this is very common. If the bump doesnt settle or heal, you can see your medical provider and have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the product.

Is tenderness normal 3 weeks after Juvederm in the lips?

+1

You may continue to feel some tenderness in the weeks after your injections. Lumps may be due to excess product and can be dissolved with the enzyme hyaluronidase if they do not resolve after 3-4 weeks. I would recommend visiting your provider so they can examine you and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/juvederm/

Tenderness after lip injection with Juvederm

+1

The lips are a bit of a tricky area when it comes to injectables. Because of their soft and gentle structure and thin covering, they can take a bit longer to fully heal after a treatment. Lip injections can also be associated with a bit more lumpiness and bumpiness than other areas treated with a filler like Juvederm.

Juvederm is an excellent filler for lip augmentation. A new product called Juvederm Volbella is available in Canada and Europe and will be available in the US soon. It is a bit smoother and is a great option.

I would give your lips another couple of weeks to fully heal, and then perhaps check back in with your injector to make sure the results are as great as possible.

Dr. Jamil Asaria

Web reference: http://facetoronto.com/blog/in-the-media/whats-so-good-about-volbella/index.html

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tenderness and swelling after Juvederm injection to the lips lasts one week, but at times longer, and is always transient.

+1

Tenderness and swelling after Juvederm injection to the lips lasts one week, but at times longer, and is always transient. Especially since most of your discomfort and swelling was gone after 3 to 4 days, this discomfort you just felt may be due to a single spot or small area where swelling hasn't resolved completely. If pain or discomfort of any significance persists past 3 to 4 weeks, you may consult your doctor for further advise. 

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/find/Florida/Miami/Dermatologic-Surgeon/Leyda-Bowes#photo-1084714

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Lump and swelling is very common after having a filler injected to the lips, it usually takes a full 2-3 weeks for the product to settle to see your final result. Contact your medical provider if more then 3 weeks past and the issue hasn't resolved. Your physician can inject an enzyme called hyaluronidase to dissolve the bump.