Tenderness 2 Years After Rhinoplasty Surgery

I've had rhino/septoplasty done 2 years ago. Removed the hump, 5 months post surgery I bumped my nose with someone else. It took over a year for the tip to be normal except my bridge and the sides of the nose is still tender and when rubbing easily goes red. I have also noticed a line that goes across the bridge as I think it should be on the side of the nose. Have my bones shifted? Do I have to worry about it's healing process? Is the hump still developing?

Does the shape of the nose change after a year following rhinoplasty?

+1

The nose will change a bit as the tissues  and skin shrink wraps around the cartilage.

However, The structure and general shape of the nose changes very little.

Deformity with Tenderness 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

The apearance of your nose will not change significantly 2 years after surgery. It is not normal to have any tenderness at this time. You should get a consultation with a  rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate your tenderness, even if you do not plan any cosmetic changes.

Tenderness and Deformity Two Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Time to have a consultation with either your rhinoplasty surgeon or a new surgeon.  After examining your nose, a diagnosis can be made, and a plan to correct the problem.  Sometimes as time goes on, the nose "shrink-wraps" to the underlying skeletal structure, especially if too much cartilage and bone was removed at surgery.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty is not going to change after 1 year.

+1

The tip may loose a little fat as we age, but the shape of the nose is set after 1 year.