Tender Spot from Botox? (photo)

I had botox injections for my 11s and there abouts just over a month ago. Above my left eye, along the eyebrow bone there is a very tender spot that if I don't pay attention is very painful to the touch. It only hurts when touched/scratched, but the pain doesn't seem to be getting better as of yet. Do you think one of the injections hit a nerve? There is no bump or anything. Do I just wait it out? Thanks!

Pain After Botox

+1

Pain after botox injections is highly unusual.  The most common type of pain is a mild dull ache which can occur if the needle touches the periosteum or covering of the bone.  Pain can also result if there is a deeper bruise.  Close follow up with your injector is recommended if there are any questions or concerns.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tender spot after Botox

+1

Bruise areas may become more tender for up to 4 weeks. You just have to wait it out.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Tender spot after Botox

+1

This is an unusual outcome after Botox.  There is a nerve that exits the skull just above the mid brow and this can be tender to the touch at baseline.  Perhaps this nerve became irritated, or this area may have developed a bruise from the Botox injection.  Bruised areas may remain more tender for a few weeks. I would return to your injector for evaluation since this is not a typical symptom.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon