Temporary Bridge Does Not Fit, Wait For Permanent?

I am having a all porcelain bridge 6 unit bridge made for the upper front teeth replacing 3 missing teeth. This is to replace a porcelain fused to metal bridge which started to feel weird after wisdom tooth removal. The temp bridge feels tight around the gums on the back of my teeth and bulky. My dentist says the permanent bridge will fit perfectly but I'm scared the permanent will feel the same way. Should I have the dentist try and adjust the temp bridge or wait to see how the permanent feels?

Bridge

+1

restore ,that permanent bridge immediately,temporaries, are just for a couple of days, only, filtration goes very fast, due to masticatory forces, and you could present decay very quickly ,due to there is no enamel, just dentin. its a very easy solution,and it will take us 3 days, to do it,

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary Bridge Does not Feel Right

+1

You do not know if the bridge does not fit right, all you know is that you are not comfortable in the temporary bridge.  I would talk to your dentist and let him know your concerns.  The permanent porcelain bridge will be smooth and glasslike and feel much different. I would not be concerned but just ask your dentist about your concerns.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary Bridge

+1

Hi...you should not have to spend two weeks in a temporary bridge that is uncomfortable.  The adjustment takes no time at all.  Call your dentist and ask for an adjustment on your temporary bridge. I am assured he would like you to be happy while waiting for the permanent one!  You will be happy with the end result.  It will fit beautifully !

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary Bridge

+1

I am assuming that you will need to wear the temporary bridge for at least 2 weeks.  The permanent bridge will fit much better.  Unless there is pain or the bite is not right, wait for the permanent, otherwise have your dentist adjust the temporary

Murray Bruckel, DDS
Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary Feels Bulky

+1

Temporaries often feel bulky due to the material itself and the process of them being made directly in the mouth.  They can be adjusted quite easily though and it is often a quick adjustment.  If the bulk of the temporary is bothering you then call the dentist back to have it smoothed and reduced slightly.  This adjustment can be done with the temporary in place in your mouth. 

The temp and the final restoration are two totally different entities so do not be worried about the final restorations fit as compared to the temporary.  Good luck!

Sarah Roberts, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary bridge

+1

A temporary bridge its only that a temporary and it is no t made on the same quality or 100% accurate with the preparation. That its only for esthetic purpose until the finals are done at the dental lab. Once the finals are done, that are made with the teeth preparation that were done on yout teeth,  it will fit perfectly.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Cosmetic Dentist

Temporaries are KINDA like permanent restorations

+1

One should judge a temporary on its own, and judge a permanent restoration by itself.  Temporaries are often made directly in a mouth that starts out in a semi-liquid state and hardens.  As it cures, it shrinks and can feel tight.  Permanent restorations are made completely differently, so I would act as your dentist has.  Wait for the final restoration and see how THAT feels.

It would be different if you didn't like the LOOK of the temporary.  Often a template is made for the temporary and used for the final.  It is good to make adjustments to the look, that way you can communicate it to the lab.  But as far as feel, I would ignore it.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary bridge doesn't fit well?

+1

I would go back and have it adjusted unless your appointment is right around the cornor... When the final bridge is tried in just wear it with temporary cement for a few days to make sure your pleased good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist