Temporal, cheek, necklift in September. How Will This Change the Look of My Eyes?

I'm concerned about the lift creating an upward pull underneath my eyes creating a pronouncement of the fine lines that I have. My Dr. says this is not a concern,yet when I pull upwards toward my temples,there they are. Is this a common occurrence with this type of lift?

Eye shape after cheek lift

+2

It is not common that eye shape changes with a cheek lift.  The tendons that secure the corners o the eye lids are ery sturdy and i they are left alone, as they would be with a cheek lift, your eyes should be fine.

It depends upon the direction of the pull

+2

how much excess skin and the quality of the skin.  I have had patients whose lower lids actually improved after a vertical pull, other patients required some skin resection to get rid of the excess skin.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Changing the look of the eyes with cheek lift

+2

I think it depends on the amount and direction of the pull your surgeon plans.  It likely will be ok if you make your feelings known to your surgeon.  If he does not pay attention to your concern, then consider getting another opinion.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do Eyes Change with a Temporal, Cheek and Neck Lift?

+1

Depending on your present appearance and the direction of pull for the cheek lift it may be necessary to remove excess skin causing folds of your lower eyelids. Your surgeon will be able to answer your question pre-operatively.

+1

Perhaps, but IMHO what's much more likely is that the heavier cheek tissues would pull the lower eyelid downward making them appear smaller and more rounded.  I prefer to use SMAS type minimally invasive Face Lifts combined with cheek augmentation and shaping to create the desired aesthetic, more naturally attractive look.