Temp Crown Cracked. My Next Appt is in a Week. What Should I Do?

My temp crown cracked and the back fell off but the front is still on. I am have very little pain if any at all. What should I do ? my next appointment is 7 days from now.

Don't panic when your temporary cracks

+1
Call your dental office-our office will always see our patients. We will usually rush the lab and try to get you done but will remake the temporary if we can't get it back sooner. Temporaries hold the space and cover your tooth for protection. Glad you had little sensitivity!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

What to do with a broken temporary crown

+1

Even though that you have almost no pain and the tooth is partially covered by the temporary I would recommend that a new temporary be fabricated.  Call your dentist and see what they recommend

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

+1

You are much better off going back to the dentist to redo your temporary. Meanwhile do not chew anything on that side, and make sure you keep the area clean.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary Crown Fractured

+1

This does occur on occasion, and generally not a problem if you don't have senstivity or if the tooth has had a root canal treatment in the past.  If you develop even slight sensitivity, you should have it repaired because once the nerve of the tooth becomes inflammed, even when the final crown goes on the tooth may remain sensitive for some time and possibly even need root canal treatment.  Best to call your dentist and follow their advise.

Carlo Biasucci, DDS
Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary crown should be fixed if cracked

+1

Sorry to hear that, but this can happen sometimes as temporaries are not that strong. I would suggest that you go back to your dentist and have him or her fix your temporary crown.  Your tooth should not be left unprotected for seven days. Be careful while eating any hard food on that side to prevent more cracks.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Make an earlier appointment

+1

Call the office right away. The temporary crown is there not only for aesthetic purposes but also to prevent the gum from growing over the tooth.

Madalina Manea, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist