Skinny Flab Treatments? (photo)

Desperate 4advice. A dancer who struggles w/ weight. I've been 2consults 2find treatments. Doc said I didn't really need lipo. Another said I didn't have enough fat 4 liposonix & that my stomach was loose skin not fat. UHM, have u seen my rolls?! How do I get rid of this xtra Fat/ loose skin/ some cellulite on inner thighs & the knee fat that is clearly there! Limited financially but if I want a dance career I've gotta change. What r my best options that won't take longer than a month? Thank u!

Pinch an inch for Liposonix

+2

Liposonix nonivasive fat reduction uses focused ultrasound, and the focal depth is about a half inch deep and a half inch thick. There needs to be at least an inch of thickness in the treated area for it to be an option. If you have been examined by someone who does Liposonix and told that you don't have enough, then it is probably true. Unfortunately skin laxity is a tough issue to treat, but options would inlcude Thermage or some types of laser treatments.

Liposonix is for fat not loose skin

+1
Liposonix may provide some improvement if you have a layer of fat under the loose skin, unfortunately if it is more excess skin then Liposonix wouldn’t be helpful. Sometimes the only treatment for excess skin is the removal of it through plastic surgery.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix for small areas of fat

+1
Thank you for posting a photo. It looks as if you would be a good candidate for Liposonix, this is a non-invasive laser treatment. Liposonix is a body contouring treatment designed to remove stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise. Please consult with your doctor to determine if this is the best procedure for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD