How 'Tricky' is my Nose? Bulbous, Unusual, Asymmetric Shape. (photo)

I am still looking for the right doctor for my rhinoplasty but before contacting the ones I am considering I would like to read some professional opinions on my particular situation. I dislike the tip's width and bulbousness and the width of the bridge. As for the profile, the left is ok but I don't like that the right nostril is higher than the left and the right part of my nose overall seems to be protruding longer than the left. What are the realistic chances of improving my nose? Thank you

Nasal refinement

+2

Nasal refinement is certainly possible with your nose. Some asymmetry will persist especially in the nasal base due to underlying skeletal asymmetry.  Good luck.

Bulbous, Unusual, Asymmetric Nose

+2

Although your nose is wide, deviated, and asymmetrical it is not unusual. Over the past 35 years I've seen many similar noses. Your tip is not bulbous. It is not unreasonable to expect an improved, refined, natural result.  

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and asymmetry

+2

The asymmetrical tip cartilages are addressed with a combination of asymmetrical cartilage removal and suturing the cartilages together to make them symmetrical. This will  feminize,  refine the nasal tip and make it more symmetrical. The width of the bridge is narrowed with osteotomies.  Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon with lots of experience for best results. Please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

+2

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc can be done for your nose and u can have a marked improvement of your bulbous tip. Choose a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses and see his work since that is what u will be getting--not imaging

Not a "tricky" nose for an experienced plastic surgeon

+2
All of the particular parts of your nose that you would like to improve can be addressed and refined with rhinoplasty. Finding a plastic surgeon with whom you feel confident will require multiple consultations with different surgeons and review of many of their before and after photos. Take your time "interviewing" prospective plastic surgeons. You want to ensure that your surgery is done right the first time. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

How 'Tricky' is my Nose? Bulbous, Unusual, Asymmetric Shape.

+1

The bulbousness and asymmetry can be improved with a closed rhinoplasty technique.  The columella hang and nostril asymmetry can be improved as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA