3 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, will my tip be more refined and thinner after swelling? (photos)

I had closed rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago and had the hump removed as well as some of the tip cartilage to have a more defined tip. I feel like the bridge and hump are now perfect and thin but that the tip is too wide. When the swelling goes down will this cause my tip of my nose to stay wide or actually cause it to thin?

3 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, will my tip be more refined and thinner after swelling?

+1
Only time will tell if the final result of your tip will be to your satisfaction. Like at least 6 months of healing time... 

Swollen nasal tip

+1
The tip of your nose will become thinner over time – it can take many months. You need to be patient and wait! In the event that it is not thin enough after all the swelling subsides, additional nasal surgery can improve the area. Prof. Neal Handel, MD FACS

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Thickskiined, It is common to have swelling in the tip this soon after your rhinoplasty procedure. The tip takes a full year for the swelling to completely dissipate. With that said, the majority of the swelling should dissipate in the first three to five months and the final small percentage an entire year. See your surgeon often for follow up appointments since he/she will know best where you are in the recovery phase and can help set your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Tip improvement after rhinoplasty

+1
Improvement in the tip compared to the bridge or dorsum of the nose takes much longer to appreciate after rhinoplasty. Swelling after tip rhinoplasties takes up to a year and sometimes longer to completely resolve. So, be patient. Your nose will continue to change and improve over time. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Post op of Rhinoplasty, will my tip be more refined and thinner

+1
Dear thickskin, thank you for your question.It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasl tip swelling

+1
It's way too early after the operation to expect this swelling to be gone hundred percent. Remember that the nose takes about 6 to 12 months settle completely. It would certainly help to massage the nose in upward direction a couple of times a day for five minutes each. This should be done for 2 to 3 months after the procedure.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Your tip will likely improve some, but the extent of how much improvement is difficult to assess, in particular since we don't know exactly what was done. Also, how your nose appeared at the end of surgery, before swelling started, is what your surgeon can see and expect for the long term outcome. You should talk to your surgeon about your concerns and get feedback.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op Rhinoplasty, will my tip be more refined and thinner after swelling?

+1
   Tip swelling may persist for several months and up to a year or more.