I'm 28, 112 lbs, 5'5 with an athletic build. I want to be a DD cup. Do you think I need a Breast Lift with Implants? (photo)

Does it look I need a lift if I want to get rather large at least to be a dd, hp, silicone implants? I am 28, 112 lbs, 5"5, athletic build with a 28" rib cage.

Implant vs augpexy

Thank you for your question. I get this question every day. Each breast is different but for breasts like your, you have to decided what you are hoping to achieve. Years ago, when a patient like you would come to my office I only offered a mastopexy since that is how plastic surgeons are trained. But after hearing patient after patient tell me that they are terrified of all of the scars and don't care if the implants settle a little low as long as they can lift them with a bra, I began to selectively place larger implants in slightly (Grade1) ptotic breasts. The patient were extremely happy. To simplify the decision, ask yourself if you want large, slightly low appearing breasts or perky small breasts. If you decide to get only implants, I would put implants with a slightly wider base width to give you more circumferential fullness.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck!

DD implants

You are borderline as to whether you need a lift or not. An in person exam and measurements wiould determine if the lift part is necessary.  I would, however, advise you against going with implants that are too large in either case.  Take the case you show.  The implants have bottomed out a fair amount and that will get worse with time.  Most women with very large implants eventually ask themselves "what I the world was I thinking?"  Large implants will cause the skin to stretch out and sag, especially in a case like yours where you have some sagging even without implants.  I would suggest no larger than 400 cc implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What kind of implants for you?

Invest in a consultation with a local plastic surgeon who can provide both the textured shaped implant and the round smooth implant and let him/her know of your expectations so that he/she can inform you of what can be accomplished.  Then make the best choice for yourself.  Understand that with your thinness, your breasts will be noticeably different in temperature from you body (cooler or warmer), depending on what the ambient temperature is.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift needed or not?

Good news:  In this one photo, it doesn't look like the degree of breast droop you have is much at all.  You may be a candidate for just the implants alone, and not need the lift.  An in-person exam would be needed to sort this out.

As for the size, I would recommend something that fits your frame, using your measurements to figure out the best implant width.  It may be tricky to get you to a DD without making you look bulky or giving you "side boob".

Best to talk with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Brast lift with implants

While an exam is needed I think you will not need a lift. A DD on you is not going to look too big if the implant base diameter is chosen well. Silicone implants under the muscle is a great option for you. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

To best help you, a physical examination is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Will a breast lift be needed with implants for a DD breast on a very thin person

It is difficult to answer your question without an in person examination and consultation.  However you do have some asymmetry and ptosis and if you have breast augmentation without a lift there is risk of the "snoopy deformity".

The very large breast implants required to make you a DD breast size in my opinion will look unnatural on your thin body.

Breast augmentation

Having very large breasts on a small thin frame may not be appropriate for you.  Because of your exceptionally thin frame you also may be prone to early rippling as well. Best to be seen in person.

Thank you for the photos and your question The simple answer is NO you should not need a lift

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast lift with implants

Hi and thanks for your question. While your pictures are taken from some distance, it appears that you have some asymmetry to your breasts with mild ptosis (sagging) of your right breast.  Implants will certainly restore and enhance lost volume but may not avoid the need for a breast lift at surgery. The options are best determined at your consultation where an exam and use of sizers to determine final implant volume can be made with you and your plastic surgeon. Larger implants will simply fill the skin envelope but not replace the need for a breast lift in most cases.  Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with breast surgery. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS