I just want to know what will be the bad effects of it when put it in the desired part like face becuse im afraid for any complications. i am planning to have dermal fillers what filler would be good for me?..thanks everyone.
What Will Be the Worst Side Effects of Dermal Fillers Like Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane, Silicone and Collagen?
Doctor Answers 2
Injection side effects.
There are three major side effects that all physicians and patients should be aware of:
1. injection of a filler into a blood vessel.
2. allergic reaction or inflammation due to the injected product.
3. over-injection/incorrect injection, i.. visible product or bumps
As a patient-
1. Be reassured, most dermatologist would be comfortable having themselves injected with Radiesse, Sculptra or Restylane by an experienced colleague.
2. Sculptra is great for overall facial volume, and is a great product for someone who is looking for a long term solution, but has the patience to wait for the "results to show". When this product is prepared properly, injected properly and massaged post-injection- you should not worry about feeling any "bumps"
3. Radiesse is a wonderful product to product instant structure and volume. Expect post-procedure swelling.
4. Restylane is great too for volume replacement, and the positive with this product is that since it is a hyaluronic acid, a physician can use hyaluronidase to dissolve the product if needs be. However if injected correctly, this should not be necessary. If Restylane is injected to superficially, one could see a bluish discoloration.
While filler injections, if done correctly, are very safe procedures, there however a very small risk of complications related to them. Most common, although still infrequent, complications of the filler injections are infection and filler irregularity/ migration. The infection usually resolves with antibiotic treatment, if indicated. Small grannulomas (nodules) may resolve on there own, be treated with steroid injections, or , if noticeable and large, may be excised via small skin incision. Probably the most serious complication is tissue necrosis which results from occlusion of the small blood vessels feeding the area by the filler. This is extremely rare, however if occurs it usually leaves a patient with permanent scarring/ deformity. Various fillers are better used for various areas, for example Juvederm/ Restylane can be used for lip augmentation whereas Radiesse is not indicated there. Meanwhile Radiesse is a great option for midface, nasolabial folds, temples, jaw line, etc. Choosing a right doctor is more important than choosing a filler. And like I said, even though there is a small risk of complications related to fillers, it is a very safe procedure. Car accidents also happen, however we still drive cars, right?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.