Tummy Tuck Scarring? (photo)

Hi Im 2 months PO, I had full extended tummy tuck, the results are wonderful. The full scar looks very good but part of the scar, below the belly button and 2 inches to the right looks really wierd. Doctor didnt say anything about that, he said I'll start next week a scar treatmen, right now im with bandages, wich im replacing evrey 2 weeks. What is it? It doesnt looks like keloids or hypertrophic scar(at least from web pictures), or is it? Thanks...

Tummy Tuck Scarring?

+1

There is nothing particularly alarming about the appearance of the scar at 2 months following tummy tuck.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Scar Management after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   Your scar appears to be a possible reaction to sutures which could transition to a "suture abscess".  These are often self limiting and heal well over time.    I would recommend close followup and monitoring of the area, along with your surgeons' scar treatment protocol.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD