Fat transfer vs. implant for jaw asymmetry? (photo)

hi. i am looking for a solution for an uneven jawline. i've had a jaw implant put in one side of the face but it wasn't big enough so my jawline remained uneven. i'd like to know: 1. will fat transfer be enough to correct the asymmetry or would it be better to replace the implant with a bigger one. 2. if i get the fat transfer and later i lose weight, would that affect the fat that was transfered to my face? thank you very much

Fat transfer for an uneven jaw

+1

Dear r.t,

Fat transfer is a nice tool to help even out the jaw

You can also talk to your original surgeon to see if a bigger implant will help

You should be close to your ideal weight before undergoing fat transfer because it can change depending on your weight

For the best results, you should go with a procedure that your surgeon is best at. For me, I do not do jaw implants, so I prefer fat transfer

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Fat Transfer Toronto

+1

More information is needed to answer your first question. Ultimately, an in-person examination is needed. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area as there are several options you may want to consider. As for the 2nd question, yes it can vary with your weight changes.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)