Droopy Eye? (photo)

hi i have asymmetric eyes, the left one is smaller than the right one and it also has a droopy eyelid and a downturned corner, i want it to look like the other eye. i know there are procedures called blepharoptosis and canthoplasty that can lift the eyelid and the corner of the eye, will they be helpful in my case? and also is it possible to make the left eye a little bigger? thank you for your reply

Droopy Eye?

+1

Botox to help with the brow asymmetry to meet the other may be a reasonable solution to a part of the puzzle.

Droopy Eye? (photo)

+1

It is difficult to tell what is going on exactly with the photo that you attached.  In all likelihood, there is something that can be done to make you more symmetrical.  I recommend you see an Oculoplastic surgeon for suggestions.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

+1

Facial asymmetry is very common. An examination would be very beneficial to determine what type of procedure if any would be of benefit to you. A simple botox treatment to the peri-occular area may help with your concerns. May I suggest you seek out a member of the ASAPS in your area. There are experts in peri-occular treatments/ surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

You likely have facial asymmetry with right side smaller than left, which cause everything, including the eyes/brows to be closer together. A full face photo and evaluation would be useful.  The asymmetry can be improved by asymmetric botulinum toxin injections.  See an oculoplastic or facial plastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Eyes

+1

Eye asymmetry including that of the eyelids and the brow are normal. I notice that you do have more drooping of the left upper brow, as well as sagging of the corners of your eyes. While a canthopexy is a good option in older people it may not be in your case, since it will give you a more asian and slanted eye!

You might benefit from a temporal brow lift in order to raise the corner of the brow. It will also help to raise the corner of a droopy eyelid.

Shalom!

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS