2 weeks post op of Chin Implant. The swelling has disappeared but my chin look very asymmetrical. Is this normal? (photos)

I had a chin implant along with rhinoplasty surgery 2 weeks ago the swollen ness is almost disappeared but my chin look very asymmetrical!my Dr said it is ok but as time goes by the shape dosnt seem to be getting any better!(it was like that since the very first day)how long should i wait to be able to judge? I live in NYC and i came to iran to do this surgery and i have to leave soon can it be fixed in the mean time?ive never felt this bad psychologically in my life! i really regret doing this!

2 weeks post op of Chin Implant. The swelling has disappeared but my chin look very asymmetrical. Is this normal?

+2
Swelling can cause asymmetry, and this can take a few months to resolve. At this time, I would recommend the following:

1) Give it some time and see how you continue to heal
2) Follow up with your surgeon regarding any specific questions or concerns

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Chin asymmetrical 2 weeks after surgery

+2
It does take several months for all of the swelling to resolve after placement of a chin implant so you will not be able to judge the results of your surgery 2 weeks afterwards.  Swelling can be asymmetric, so it is possible that the appearance will even out with more time.  There is not much you can do but wait at this point.  The only way to correct an implant that is not placed symmetrically is to have surgery to move it.  Sometimes, it is possible to use fillers to balance any asymmetry as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon