Safest Teeth Whitening Procedure?

I have horizontal lines on my teeth but I have also had braces. So I'm not sure what procedures there are where I wouldn't have to compromise my own teeth. I want perfectly white teeth but I want to keep the ones I have. Is this possible?

Safest whitening procedure

+1

The most safe way to whiten the teeth is home bleaching with custom trays and low % bleaching gel. In the situations when there are white lines on the enamel, they can be lightly polished to improve the aesthetic result. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth Whitening will diminish the lines

+1

Lines on teeth are very tricky to fix with teeth whitening alone. Sometimes we need to polish the enamel down to a smoother layer to remove the lines and we usually start with a tooth that doesnt show to do a spot test. If the lines go too deep then the MI paste might work following by tray whitening. If you want perfect teeth then it may be more challenging. To me, perfect teeth can be achieved with veneers. If you do Lumineers veneers then they dont remove any enamel at all the veneers are just bonded onto your own teeth.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

White Spots and Lines on Teeth

+1

It is possible that the white lines occurred while you were in braces -- sometimes plaque build-up around the brackets is hard to clean and results in these decalcified areas. We now have simple, safe, non-invasive treatment for these spots. At my office I do a procedure called recalcification using a product called MI Paste (made by GC America). This procedure requires in-office visits along with you wearing custom trays at home. Once we eliminate the white spots, then we can use a safe, effective professional whitening system to get your teeth as white as they can naturally get.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist