What Teeth Whitening Kits Are Safe for Pregnant Women to Use at Home?

Does the stage of my pregnancy affect the teeth whitening options that are available to me?

Teeth Whitening and Pregnancy

+2

I truly do not recommend any whitening products during pregnancy. We try to keep all of our pregnant patients in a "Dentally Holistic" environment.  Pregnant patients typically have swollen gums that bleed.  The bleaching products can cause sensitivity in teeth and also gums.  So it is better to stay away from any chemicals whether dental or otherwise during pregnancy.

Jacksonville Cosmetic Dentist

Pregnant? Then no teeth whitening..

+1

Because the gel is placed on your teeth and can be ingested then we dont want pregnant women to teeth whiten. You can get your teeth cleaned safely which will whiten them a little..

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Don't whiten your teeth when you are pregnant

+1

No tooth whitening manufacturer will endorse whitening during pregnancy.  Dentists will not recommend it either.  These are strong chemicals and it is better to stay away from any chemicals during your pregnancy.  If you know that you are planning a pregnancy you can whiten your teeth before you become pregnant, or wait until you have delivered.  It is not worth the risk.

Martin Frankel, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

No whitening during pregnancy

+1

Professional teeth whitening is not recommended during pregnancy. The active ingredient used in whitening systems, peroxide, may pose a risk to the fetus.   Simply try using whitening toothpaste that contains baking soda twice a day.  All the best, Dr. Elizabeth Jahanian

Elizabeth Jahanian, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist