Very Little Teeth Show, What Do You Think of Lip Lift for Me? (photo)

When I open my mouth or talk my teeth don't show at all and I find it very unattractive. I look like I don't have any teeth. All my life I've hated this. I've always had to smile really big, unnatural and fake to see my teeth well. My teeth are medium sized, not that small. I'm really considering the lip lift, but I know that the scar is a huge issue. I'm 28 years old. I've had a nose job once, 10 years ago and would like a revision, don't know if the 2 should be performed together or not

Lip lift for improved show of teeth

+1

Imbalance between the length of the upper teeth and the upper lip can cause the upper teeth to be hidden, which can be perceived as unattractive.  The photo is not all that helpful, but it seems from what you wrote that the length of your upper teeth is not the problem.  If it was, lengthening the teeth with some cosmetic dentistry would of course be the right thing to do.  Lifting the upper lip with a subnasal, or bullhorn lift might be the answer.  The scar is usually discrete if its done without trying to do too much (which could create tension and widen the scar).  As far as doing the rhinoplasty at the same time, maybe.  I wouldn't do an open revision rhinoplasty at the same time, but if it was something simpler I would consider it.

Web reference: http://www.pacificplasticsurgery.com/pages/rhinoplasty

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Subnasal Lip Lift For Better Upper Teeth Show

+1

To better answer your question you should submit frontal pictures with your lips at rest and then smiling. That will help determine if a lip lift or a lip advancement would really be of benefit to you. A subnasal liplift can be performed at the same time as a rhinoplasty but it would depend on what type of rhinoplasty revision is needed.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lip.html