Once Teeth Are Removed for Braces is There Any Way to Get Them Back?

I had braces before and I had 4 teeth removed. My mouth has gotten smaller and the space between my nose and my lips is longer. How can I get my lips back and put back those teeth in?? What are the options?

Permanent tooth removal has it's consequences

+1

Unfortunately, many patients have been victimized by a well meaning orthodontist.  Having teeth removed to straighten the remaining teeth is a method that has been used for the past 80 years, however more and more orthodontists are going away from these techniques.  I am currently working on a book with will show a much better alternative with a number of case studies as examples.  We have not performed this extraction type of treatment for over 25 years now and I personally have retreated several hundred patients that had this treatment by their orthodontist.  We widen jaw structures at any age and create a full beautiful smile.  Usually the patient does not have to have the removed teeth replaced except in more extreme cases.  A proper evaluation with an orthodontist who works with Dentofacial Orthopedics is in order.

Denver Orthodontist

Never say never...but I wouldn't count on it

+1

If teeth were taken out and then all spaces were closed, the bone has adapted to that and it is unlikely or at least difficult to re-gain that space by moving the front teeth forward when there is little to no bone available in front of the front teeth. This is particularly the case for the lower front teeth.  It's a really tough call, but by visiting an orthodontist you can find out if it might be possible in your case.

Atlanta Orthodontist

Replacing missing teeth can be a challenge

+1

The short answer is to expand the spaces orthodontically and place implants where the teeth should be.  The problem is that it is not easy or quick.  Many orthodontists won't even try, so it may take some effort to find one that will.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist