What to Do for Weak Teeth with Spaces?

What can I do about my teeth, they are long, weak and spaced out? I'm a Type 2 Diabetic.

Treating teeth with spaces

+1

Diabetic dental patients tend to be more prone to gum disease.  In order to answer this particular question, I would recommend a thorough dental and radiographic exam to access the cause of the spacing and the general condition of the teeth and gum/ bone support.  As there can be many treatment options to resolve what is being described, ultimately a successful treatment plan will be determined on an individual basis.

Laurel Cosmetic Dentist

Options for weak teeth with spaces

+1

You might be able to have braces or crowns or bonding, there's unfortunately no one simple answer to a question like this without examining you. The best thing for you would be to have a dentist do a complete exam, including full mouth x-rays and health history. This is the only way to find out what your options really are.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Weak teeth with spaces...

+1

First of all your dentist has to tell you if your teeth look good on the X-rays. If yes you can go ahead and have crowns on your teeth. However, if your teeth are affected, like deep decays, bone loss, in other words not restorable than extractions will be the last resort.
If your diabetes is under control you can have implants placed or partial denture or bridge. That depends on your overall healthy existing teeth.
Thank you,
Dr. Cristina Barba

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist