Will Teeth Get Cavities After They Are Covered with Veneers?

I am 34 y.o. and my teeth needed annual dental work ever since I was in preschool. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss after each meal, don't eat candy, and don't drink any soft drinks, but all my effort doesn't do a thing, because every year I get on average 2 cavities. So my question is since I already have my front teeth drilled several times, will I get cavities after I cover them with veneers? Is there better alternative for my drilled in and out teeth? Thanks.

Porcelain veneers MAY protect teeth from cavities

+2

Since porcelain cannot decay, only the remaining tooth structure is at risk.  It is possible that the maintenance will be easier than the existing fillings.  It will be important to keep up the hygiene habits that you report, as that will protect your investment.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Stopping A Decay Problem So Your Veneers Will Last

+2

If you take proper care of your teeth yet still get cavities, there is an underlying problem that is making you susceptible.  Decay happens in two processes -- first there has to be an acid environment for the enamel to demineralize or soften to the point that the bacteria can cause decay in the tooth.  Check out the link below and read about our CariFree products - they may be the answer you have been looking for.

Carefully choose the right cosmetic dentist to do your veneers so that they will look great, feel great and last a long time.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers do not prevent the cavities

+2

Veneers or any other restoration do not prevent the cavity. but Drilling out the Cavity (s) and fill them with an appropriate filling material  is going to reduce the number of oral microbs and helps to keep the oral cavity healthy. The precise and accurate margin veneer and proper bonding will help your total oral health but do not guarantee the intact tooth in the future.

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers will not prevent tooth decay

+2

If you are at high risk for tooth decay, as you seem to be, veneers will not protect you from it.  Infact they may increase it.

Before you start,  you should have a thorough discussion with your dentist to figure out why, despite all your efforts, you still get cavities.

There are products on the market that can help you determine your caries risk and also help you decrease it.

Conditions such as "dry mouth" increase your risk for decay. In dry mouth, your salivary flow is decreased due to either medications that you take, or a medical condition.  

Products containig Xylitol have been shown to decrease caries risk  i.e"Xylitol gum." Whatever the reason for the cavities you should find out before you get the veneers

Alpharetta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers dont prevent cavaties.

+2

If you are prone to decay then you need to change the way you brush and floss. Try brushing first then flossing and then a good rinse. Also try using a sonicare tooth brush to assist you...

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist