Radiesse for Teenage Nose

hi , iam 18-19 and i want to do Radiesse for my nose. is it safe because my nose is not bony and its meaty so do you think is it safe and can i do in my age ? thanks

Radiesse for the nose instead of surgery

+2

Clearly the most definitive and long lasting treatment for reshaping the nose is surgery.  Without seeing you and knowing exactly what your concerns are and what outcome or "look" you are trying to achieve it is difficult, if not impossible, to say if using Radiesse is an option.  In the event that Radiesse is an option, it is important to go to an experienced injector for this type of procedure because even though it is 'just a filler' there can be significant complications. 

Radiesse for noses

+2
You need to be seen by a plastic surgeon to analyze your condition. The Radiesse may last a year, or even slightly more (or less) but you are so young that you would need to continue this for so many years. Rhinoplasty might be necessary for your condition. If you have a shape that can be improved by a filler then you might consider Juvederm or Restylane because if you don't like the result it can be reversed by injecting hyaluronidase.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse for nose

+2

First of all Radiesse, though safe, is not FDA approved in the US for use other than the nasolabialfolds. Secondly the question is vague, and would be best answered by consulting with an injecting physician to see what you desire to acheive with such injections and if it is the correct treatment option for you.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Radiesse for Non-invasive Rhionplasty

+2

Radiesse is a great product for a non-invasive rhinoplasty.  It really depends on your anatomy which can only be determined by an in-person examination.  Please make sure that you are seen by a board-certified surgeon with experience in non-invasive rhinoplasty techniques.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Injectables for nasal correction

+1

In general, Radiesse would not pose a problem for a patient of your age.  However, you may or may not be a good candidate for an injectable correction.  You may have much better results from a rhinoplasty.  Without pictures and a discussion of what you want to change about your appearance, it is impossible to answer your question with any certainty.

I would strongly recommend you obtain a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon with experience in both rhinoplasty and injectable fillers.   If all you have is a hammer, everything will look like a nail.  A good surgeon will help analyze your nose and face and determine the best means (fillers vs. rhinoplasty) to achieve the results you desire.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Niloufar.  The procedure should be safe for you although, we are not big proponents of injection rhinoplasty.  The results are inconsistent and the expense over the long run far outweighs the cost of a traditional surgical procedure.  

We would recommend speaking with a plastic surgeon about traditional rhinoplasty before starting down this injection path.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Radiesse for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1
There is overall an acceptance of Radiesse for nonsurgical rhinoplasty, although there have been some reports of complications.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

radiesse is not the first line to use.It ay stay for a long time. Its use is very limited.and we do not know what you are correcting.

If you need a rhinoplasty then fillers is not the answer.

As for the age you can do it at 18-19.

But if you need a rhinoplasty only a rhinoplAsty will achieve your goals

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

I would not recommend radiesse for a non-surgical rhinoplasty. It can stay for extended period of times and can make rhinoplasty difficult should you decide to have it done. Instead use a hyaluronic-based filler.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon