Teenage Eyelid Surgury for fixing Asymetrical Eyelids

Hello, I am interested in correcting my asymmetric eyelids. I am only 16 and would like some advice for what could be done to fix this or if i should at such an age. I know i have lazy eye(Amblyopia) in one eye so that could be a cause of this condition. 

Teenage asymmetrical eyelids

+1

Asymmetric eyelids in teen years can have several causes. The first to consider is that all faces are asymmetrical and we have a dominant eye which is often slightly larger that the other. Next, you do have muscle imbalance, ambliopia, and may have a congenital weakness or ptosis of the upper lid muscle. The step you should take is a full eye exam including acuity, check for muscle imbalance, and have a visual field test to measure the vision and help detect a droop of ptosis in either lid. Only after the problem is fully understood can you consider how to correct it.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery

Eyelid surgery in a 16 yr old. you are probably better off waiting

+1
Thank you for including your photo with your question. It makes it much easier to answer appropriately. While very concerning to you, from a surgical standpoint the asymmetry of your lids is minimal. The risk you run at this time is that surgery may make things different but still asymmetric. Surgery is not an exact science and minor changes also leave scars. My advice is to wait. As you age the asymmetry may change or both lids age to a point where the risks of surgery will be worth the improvement gained.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Bilateral upper eyelid heaviness is more evident than the asymmetry.

+1

What you are concerned about is a slightly heavier left upper eyelid.  In the grand scheme of things, this is a very small difference between the two sides.  However from these pictures, it appears that both upper eyelids are a little heavy with the left upper eyelid more heavy than the right side.  Fixing this will make you look much more alert and it is reasonable to consider having this evaluated if only to help your self-esteem and social confidence.  It is essential that you go to a surgeon that specializes in eyelid surgery.  There are many highly qualified individuals where you live.  I can recommend Julie Woodward a professor of oculoplastic surgery at Duke.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com