Teen Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?

I'm 17, going to be 18 in October. I have a hump on my nose, and I want to remove that, while making my nose fit my face since it's a little big for me. My winter break is two weeks long, if I decide to get surgery then, would that be enough time to recover? I'm on my school's dance team, so would I be able to return to that since there is no physical contact, or risk of hitting my nose?

Teen Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?

+1

Probably not.  The minimum time to avoid strenuous activity, including dance, would be 1 month following the Rhinoplasty.  Better to wait until your out of school for the summer.  Please share this answer with your parents since you are under 18.

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

The initial recovery following rhinoplasty is around two weeks, and going back to school should not be a problem if you have the procedure at the beginning of your break. You will have a hard cast on your nose the first week followed by brown paper tape the second week. Any bruising that occurs after surgery is generally resolved after two weeks, and residual bruising can be covered up easily. In regard to physical activity, it is best to wait 4-5 weeks after your surgery before doing anything strenuous. Not following this guideline can increase your swelling and delay healing time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Recovery Time

+1

You will have no problem returning to school 2 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery. I frequently do rhinoplasties on patients from out of state or out of the country who return home 1 week after the operation.

Recovery time for reduction rhinoplasty

+1

You should be fine with 2 weeks recovery from a reduction rhinoplasty, but no contact sports for 6 weeks; thus it depends on the type of dance maneuvers involved!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Teen Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?

+1

In most of the cases of closed rhinoplasty I perform, the patient looks markedly better in 2 to 3 weeks.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty recovery time

+1

Two weeks is more than enough time to recover from a rhinoplasty. Most all the visible bruising and swelling should be subsided after 2 weeks. It's important not to traumatize or bump the nose for at least a month after the surgery

Rhinoplasty recovery time

+1

Typically younger patients recover quicker from surgical procedures than older patients. Two weeks should be sufficient for you to return to your normal activities. That being said I would discuss this with your surgeon as some doctors have different protocols for after surgery care. It can take up to one year for all of the swelling to fully resolve.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for a rhinoplasty is about 2 weeks for light activities

+1

Winner is a good time to have a rhinoplasty.  The split is usually on for about one week.  You should be able to return to your dance team with no physicial contact in about 2 - 3 weeks. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Winter break is a very popular time for a rhinoplasty for students.Typically your will have a splint on for one week.The swelling reaches a maximum around 48 hours after the surgery.When the splint is removed  at one week the overwhelming majority of the swelling and bruising should be gone . After he splint removal you should have an extra week prior to resuming class and your activities so again you will be in good shape.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Winter break rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks is a reasonable time to complete nasal shaping, though you might still have some brusing for up to three weeks. Dancing is going to be fine as well, though we might suggest strenuous exercise after four weeks or more. Many only have small time gaps in study or other activities and somehow make things work with the time they have.