What Fat Transfer techniques can be used after to much neck lipo?

Neck lift several mths ago, after discovered that neck and side of face lipo-ed. Neck glands now exposed, platysma unmasked,skinny old looking neck. Always had thin face and neck, now after lipo, thinner. Consulted 2 respected bc ps who suggest fat transfer. Under circumstances feel original ps not good idea. Neck lift result worse than pre-op. Question: now that I'm in this situation, which type of fat transfer might be most successful for neck? Am told it's tricky for neck. Another way to pad the neck?

Fat transfer to the neck after necklift

+2
Dear marali,

• I agree with the other plastic surgeons and would prepare you that it may take more than one procedure to get the results you are looking for
  • The fat can be layered above and below the muscle to add padding to the neck
  • An exam would help guide your expectations
  • Please see a specialist who performs fat transfer on a regular basis

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Aggressive Liposuction Beneath the Chin Can Be Disastrous!

+2
If your neck has been skeletonized after liposuction then fat grafting can improve the area.  It may take several treatments to gain improvement.  I think you are right to seek second opinions.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Nanofat transfer for neck rejuvenation

+2
Depending on the degree of fat depletion from your previous procedures, it may be necessary to layer the fat into the neck in thin layers, to minimize any unevenness or lumpiness. Nanofat transfer can be used initially to provide a thin layer of fat immediately under the skin and then incrementally at fat as needed to restore a youthful contour in 2 or 3 procedures.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD