How Often Does V to Y Technique for the Lips Require Revision Work for Scarring?

+1

I have performed many Lip Augmentation using various techniques, including the V to Y advancement flap and wrote a scientific paper pn the subject.  IMHO, the gold standard for Lip Augmentation is the Alloderm Lip Implant.  While the V to Y flap is appropriate for increasing the mucosal show in localised sections, of the lips, it can't give increased volume to the lips like Lip Implants.

V to y for lip augmentation

+1

With the newer fillers available to augment the lips nicely, v-to-y lip augmentation has fallen out of favor in most cases.

V to Y Lip Augmentation Technique

+1

V to Y Lip Augmentation Technique is an operation which has fallen out of favor. With so many better ways to add volume to the lips it is hard to justify scarring the inside of the lip risking wide scarring.

Lip augmentation with v to y plasty.

+1

Lip augmentation with v to y plasty is not an operation that I personally like. I have seen too many overdone lips using that technique. I have used fat augmentation with good results and no complications for 30 years. The only problem with that is once in a while you don't get as much fill as you would like.