Which technique used for rib has proved most successful and how does a surgeon ensure a sharp straight profile with rib? (Photo)

I've read that some surgeons use diced cartilage grafts known as 'Turkish delight' and there are other techniques used with rib. What are the techniques and the pros and cons of each technique

Which technique used for rib has proved most successful and how does a surgeon ensure a sharp straight profile with rib?

+1
    This is more dependent on surgeon preference.  I think that both techniques can be used with success.

Ensuring a Straight Profile after Placement of Rib Cartilage Graft

+1
It is impossible to "ensure any result following any surgical procedure. However, over the past 35 years I've achieve the most consistent reliable results using diced cartilage grafts to augment the nasal profile.

Which technique used for rib has proved most successful and how does a surgeon ensure a sharp straight profile with rib? Differe

+1
Many thanks for the question.
Looking at the profile picture it’s not a big deal to give you a straight profile whatever method is used.
However, I can tell you the bone graft when harvested is not straight, but a straight piece is cut out of it.
The cartilage graft can be used by many ways, but a Turkish delight is a diced ( 1 mm X 1mm ) piece cut out from a cartilage graft that is wrapped in a pieced of self dissolving hemoastatic lint ( called surgicel by plastic surgeons)and is used. This adapts to the desired shape once placed under the skin and from the outside shape of the nose before a splint is applied the nose is shaped according to the desire shape. Both methods are equally good in the hands of trained plastic surgeons .Board certified or not cannot be a criteria well for trained and conscience working surgeons for all patients.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon