Which is the Best Technique for Breast Reduction?

Which is the best technique (less scars and best shape) to use for breast reduction?

Lejour Breast Reduction is best!

+2

Not all vertical scar breast reductions are the same. The Lejour makes for the best shape and most durable result.

Breast Reduction Technique?

+1

The “best” breast reduction technique should be individualized  for each patient,  mostly depending on their physical examination and goals. I think it is  in every patient's best interest to identify the appropriate plastic surgeon for them as opposed to the “best” technique.

Breast reduction

+1

The best technique for you really depends upon your anatomy and what you need to have done in terms of volume reduction. The goal always is to provide the best result with the least amount of incisions.

The perfect breast reduction technique

+1

There is no one size fits all solution. The right surgery depends on the patient, the amount of ptosis, glandular volume, skin laxity, nipple and areola size, genetic predisposition for scarring, medical conditions, etc.

Breast reduction

+1

It really depends on how much is planned to be removed. You cannot get an adequate breast reduction and removal and reshaping of the breasts with a small incision. A good guide would be-the larger the reduction, the larger the length of the incisions. Liposuction is also possible through tiny scar, esp in breasts that are more fatty than fibrous. See my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best breast reduction technique

+1

Unfortunately, there is no one “best” breast reduction technique. The “best” method is the one that will accomplish your goals with the least scar and the best shape and longevity. In some, that may be the vertical techniques (with a “lollipop” scar). In others it may be with a submammary scar. Most experienced breast surgeons use the one that they consider best for each patient.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast reduction (lollipop scars) best for most women.

+1

Hi.

When doing breast reduction in New York City, we most often use the vertical (Lejour) technique.

Best long term shape because does not rely on pulling the skin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast reduction techniques

+1

There are too many techniques to mention here that have been tried, developed, modified over many years of breast reduction history. Each breast be reduced will require certain elements to achieve a desired result. Each patient should be treated as an individual and the techniques customized, modified, even combined for the more effective and safest surgery. Your surgeon should review the options available. In my practice, it is rare to require an anchor or inverted-T incision. I also use liposuction judiciously. I also rely on the concept of skin shrinkage to reduce scars as puckering caused by mismatch of skin length will often disappear within a few weeks or months.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD